Vendor Terms and Conditions
General: As a vendor to WGS Systems, LLC (WGS), you become a key contributor to the products and services that we deliver to our customers. We value the conformance of your products and services to our specifications and requirements, your contribution to our product’s safety, and your ethical business practices. If you provide a bid for this RFQ, it is understood that your organization agrees to meet the following AS9100 requirements whenever a WGS purchase order specifies that the order is for an aircraft product subject to AS9100 requirements, hereafter called an “Aircraft Product” order.
Scope: These terms and conditions apply to all external vendors and sub-tier vendors which furnish products, processes, or services to be incorporated into WGS’s contractually deliverable aircraft products.
- When indicated on the WGS purchase order, vendors must use WGS’s customer-approved special process vendors for items such as (anodize, heat treat, welding, etc.).
- WGS is to be contacted (by the vendor) in the event of nonconforming product/material Arrangements for the approval of vendor nonconforming product/material must be as directed by a WGS authorized manager or designee.
- The vendor shall notify WGS of any changes to a product and/or process, including changes of external providers or location of manufacture, that may affect conformance to specifications or requirements, and to obtain approval from an authorized WGS manager or designee prior to production. If a First Article of Inspection (FAI) was required by the contract for the first product produced, a new FAI shall be required from the vendor.
- WGS, our customers, and regulatory authorities retain the right of access to vendor records as applicable to product conformance to specifications, which shall be retained to seven (7) years from the date of purchase order.
- WGS will require external vendors to apply the appropriate controls to their direct, and their sub-tier external vendors to ensure the product requirements are met. The appropriate controls may include customer/regulatory/AS9100 specific requirements and shall be indicated on the WGS purchase order.
- WGS performs inspection activities to ensure that purchased product meets requirements, including:
- Receiving inspections (of vendor products / services / documents). WGS verifies the authenticity of the appropriate certificate of conformity, material certificates, etc. and other accompanying documentation by review and comparison (as is appropriate) to the drawing and/or industry specifications, or by other means. When necessary, WGS may inspect or audit at the vendor’s facility.
- Product inspections will be to ensure they meet requirements and dimensions, etc. Special processes (anodizing, heat treat, welding, etc.) where compliance cannot be verified by inspection, will require a Certificate of Conformity.
- Product/service conformity and on-time delivery will be monitored by WGS.
- When WGS or its customer intends to perform verification at the vendor’s premises, WGS will first state the intended verification arrangements and the method of product release. This information will be communicated on the WGS RFQ, purchase order, or via another acceptable purchasing arrangement.
- To ensure product identification and traceability, WGS will institute controls that include the requirement of Material Certificates, Certificates of Conformity, and/or other supporting documentation from its vendors as is appropriate. These requirements may be specified on WGS’s RFQ, purchase order, or may otherwise be communicated to the vendor. All special processes must be performed by qualified and competent persons.
- WGS requires that the Vendors have policies and procedures to identify potential Counterfeit Parts from their vendors. Seller shall immediately notify WGS with the pertinent facts if Vendor becomes aware of or suspects that Counterfeit Parts may have been used in a product delivered to WGS. In the event products delivered under this order constitutes or includes Counterfeit Parts, Vendor shall, at its expense, promptly replace such Counterfeit Parts with genuine parts conforming to the requirements of this order. Notwithstanding any other provision in this order, Vendor shall be liable for all costs relating to the removal and replacement of Counterfeit Parts.
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY – WGS requires that the Vendor maintains data protection processes and systems to adequately protect specifications, information, data, drawings, software, and other items which are given to the Vendor. If an event occurs where the Vendor knows, or believes that WGS’s Data has been accessed, acquired, or disclosed to unauthorized individual(s) (i.e., “Security Incident”), the Vendor shall use reasonable efforts to investigate, contain, and remediate the Security Incident and notify WGS in writing no later than 48 hours after discovering the Security Incident. The Vendor shall encrypt emails to WGS regarding Security Incidents using industry standard encryption methods. The Vendor shall ensure equivalent terms, to those contained within this Clause 11 and are incorporated into agreements with their vendors so that Buyer Data is adequately protected in further sub-tiers of the supply chain.