Website WGS Systems, LLC
We Listen | We Deliver
WGS Systems, LLC, is looking for a dynamic and self-motivated Software Engineer with a background in embedded systems, real-time operating systems, and embedded Linux for United States government and international customers.
This position is primarily responsible for researching, designing, and developing computer software systems, in conjunction with hardware product development by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
System software requirements definition, coordination and compliance, including functional, interface, and communications specifications
Development of device drivers and board support packages for custom processing hardware
Board bring-up and testing on first time custom processing hardware
- Design and develop flexible and powerful APIs to support higher level software system integration
- Perform system modeling of throughput, processor load, and memory utilization
- Software development in C/C++ with strong understanding in object-oriented programming
- Create, configure, and maintain embedded Linux systems using both prebuilt Linux distributions (Ubuntu, Arch) and custom built and configured OS (Yocto, OpenWRT)
- Have experience with Realtime Operating Systems (RTOS) such as TI-RTOS, FreeRTOS, or others.
- Develop test plans and system compliance and acceptance programs for all developed software programs and systems.
BSCS or equivalent degree with at least 4 years of applicable experience or MS engineering degree with 3 years of applicable embedded software development experience.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and drive the system design from concept to deployment.
- Experience in project task planning and possess effective communication, report writing, and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Embedded architecture and design patterns
- Experience in object-oriented design and program.
- Experience in development of embedded software using Linux, MS Windows, VX Works, or equivalent operating systems.
- Basic system administration of computers and computer networks.
- Candidate must be a United States citizen and will be required to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
- Significant experience configuring Linux build systems such as Yocto, QSDK, or OpenWRT.
- Experience with embedded real-time operating systems such as FreeRTOS, TI-RTOS (SYS/BIOS).
- Understanding of C/C++ memory management and POSIX standards
- Testing may require the candidate to fly on government owned and operated aircraft
- A majority of the work will be performed in Frederick, Maryland, with work in other locations in the greater Baltimore, Maryland/Washington, D.C. as required
- Occasional travel will be required
WGS Systems, LLC
7350 Executive Way, Suite A
Frederick, MD 21704
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org and Kirk.email@example.com
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.